Email Marketing Automation in 2020: It won’t be much to say, Email marketing is still among the most preferred channels for your business’s marketing today. However, it’s evolving.
While newsletters, as well as one-off campaigns, will always be having their place in your email marketing strategy. The companies that are intelligent are beginning to set up email campaigns that are automatic, which triggers off of the actions of a user.
Why? Because these are the timely automatic emails, hyper-relevant & personalized to the reader. As a result, they are clicked & opened more frequently. Also, drives visits & revenue for your business.
- 10 Best Email Extractors & Grabbers
- Best Bulk Email Service
- Best Customer Relationship Marketing Strategies
Email Marketing Automation
The word “automation” refers to visions of machines, AI, cyborgs, bots. In other words, it’s likely to be the opposite of organic/human.
The world of email marketing where customer-centric and personalized messaging are a must, the idea to use automation seems rather counterintuitive. However, in reality, using Automation Email Marketing permits you to create campaigns, which speak to your customers on an even more level of personalization.
What is Email Marketing Automation currently?
Automation Email Marketing is basically the practice to execute personalized and contextual campaigns of emails in a way, which is automatic instead of manual. In numerous cases, this may incorporate specific messaging delivered to contacts’ groups, which match specified criteria or behavior of the user as recorded by a CRM.
For example, imagine in your Facebook, you want the users to receive an email when they sign up for the account. This email will work as a welcome email on Facebook and show them how they can start adding friends & uploading profile pictures in an attempt to get them to become a constant user.
It may waste your huge time to manually build and send an email campaign to all individuals when they sign up. So, rather than that, setting up an automated welcome email would be great. An email will automatically get sent whenever a person joins your list of “Signups.”
That’s the usage of email automation. Setting up the email once and then is possible as greater people continue to meet your defined trigger. The email will continue being sent to them without even making any efforts. It essentially automates the marketing you have.
Bonus!! Let us introduce a magical tool!
This magical tool is for none other than verifying your email list, as every individual that has been in email marketing knows that the first step is to verify your email list for maintaining your reputations and ensuring that your emails aren’t ending up in your audiences’ spam folder. Grab the 7-day totally free trial now and test how this tool will boost your emails’ open rates, click-through rates, etc!
How Does Email Marketing Automation Work?
Within Automation Email Marketing, marketers build email workflows, which automatically forward emails to subscribers once specific triggers have been activated. These workflows basically consider both the behavior, which acts as a trigger along with data regarding the user behind the email address for building the most personalized relevant email message. The B2B for a company’s examples of triggers are …
- IIn case a website visitor sees a landing page, however, doesn’t submit the form
- When a lead has downloaded numerous content’s pieces but hasn’t contacted the business directly
- In case a potential client has begun following the social media accounts of the organization
For a B2C brand, triggers may be …
- When a visitor of your website has viewed numerous items but hasn’t added any to their cart
- In case a consumer has placed products in their shopping cart but not bought
Basically, marketing automation workflows aren’t only for prospective audiences, either. Brands can utilize workflows for enhancing customer relationships that are existing and encourage the purchase of extra products/services. There also are some workflows, which work well for both B2B as well as B2C businesses.
Here are some examples:
- Welcome emails. Right after somebody joins your list of subscribers — for instance, after registering for an account on your website or making a purchase — is when they’re most receptive for hearing from you. This is a fantastic opportunity for making a positive first impression by having a personalized welcome email. In case your company is B2B, incorporate an email’s relevant content piece. However, if you’re a B2C brand, forward the subscriber an offer that is exclusive or promo code.
- Feedback request emails. There are two different kinds of feedback emails: those, which are triggered by something that is negative, for example, an unsubscribe, or an app uninstalls, and those who are time-based. They are sent after a specific amount of time has passed following an action, which is particularly like a purchase. While your messaging will be distinctive depending on which behavior triggered the request for feedback, extremely valuable are which these emails areas they show your subscribers that you care about your opinion as well as provide you a sweet chance to see the improvement that you can get.
- Re-engagement emails. Re-engagement emails must be used for reconnecting with subscribers who haven’t interacted with your emails for a while. You can also schedule emails for forwarding after a predetermined length of inactivity. (For example, 90 days) that incentivizes a subscriber to start re-engaging with your brand by providing a discount that is especial or access to your most recent eBook or checking out the fresh website, which you just launched.
Almost any action that a person takes when engaging with your brand will be easily trackable as well as utilized. With this insight, brands can build the sorts of triggers, which will provide the most relevant & meaningful messages with the greatest chance of success. Remember that how you set up the triggers, which must be based on your own users’ behavior. Having a trigger for action doesn’t make any sense, which nobody in your database will ever finish.
Master Tip: You also can make workflows, which automatically forward emails based on dates, for example, holidays & other special occasions such as the birthday of the subscribers.
The Benefits of Automation Email Marketing
Beyond saying manual work off your plate, emails that are automated will permit you to personalize your messages in a way, which is timely & relevant. As a result, automated emails will be opened more frequently. Here are some benefits of Automation Email Marketing.
Welcome new subscribers: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #1
According to research, around 95% of visitors to your website aren’t yet ready to purchase. But these individuals have clearly shown what they prefer, what you need to offer and are valid candidates for continuing the communication with to try to get them to purchase later on.
A correct way to do this is to get your audience to subscribe to your list of emails. Subscribing to your list is a much less conversion action in comparison to handing over money for making a purchase, and therefore individuals are most probably to do it.
Once they have subscribed, you can, after that, utilize an automated email campaign for welcoming them to your list & offer an especial offer that is subscriber-only and compels them to purchase.
Increase product usage: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #2
Numerous online applications use some type of free trial period for getting potential customers for trying the product & ultimately become a paying customer. But before they convert into a paying customer, they must realize the value of your product during the period of trial. Otherwise, they won’t pay for it.
At Campaign Monitor, before an individual would think of upgrading to a premium account, they must realize the value of your product. This mostly means they have to build a campaign, upload their list of subscribers, and forward it out.
So for encouraging people to progress via those steps and know the value of your product, you must utilize a set of automatic emails, which go out to the customers when they make an account.
Gather product feedback: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #3
Create a product that your customers hardly need. It’s almost impossible in case you don’t have a complete understanding of what your customers actually want.
For understanding your customer’s pain points and requirements, the best way is by asking them directly. The master key for doing that is gathering feedback!
Automate audience segmentation: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #4
Let your audience self-segment! Audience segmentation is an approach to divide up your audience base into little groups based on what they actually prefer about your products or services.
Segmentation is an essential step for enhancing your email marketing’s relevance. When relevance enhances, your campaign performance will improve too.
What is self-segmenting?
Self-segmentation happens when individuals take specific actions online. In other words, let’s say subscriber taps a link in your newsletter for knowing an upcoming sales webinar. Some tools are available, which automatically segments that subscriber into a labeled group, for example, “Sales Webinar.”
With this example, the interest of the subscribers in sales will lead to their segmentation. Now, you can forward email content tailored to them to sales topics that you know they prefer.
Inform your customers of upcoming expirations: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #5
Losing customers that are existing will cost your business a huge amount of cash. In fact, a 4.5% increase in the retention of customers can enhance the profitability of a company by 74%. To ensure you don’t lose a customer’s business is to forward them email campaigns, notifying them that their account, subscription, or policy with you will run out soon.
Offer customers a birthday surprise: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #6
Birthday emails are among the commonest types of automated emails, which you can forward, and automated emails can be very effective when done correctly.
This email must be tidy with a pocketful of happy birthday wishes. It should show how your organization cares about their customers. However, you must provide them an extremely-relevant birthday offer. It can highly encourage them to make a purchase.
Send reminders of appointment to customers: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #7
Repeat business is a vital driver of development for numerous companies. According to our research, it costs around five times greater to acquire fresh customers rather than keeping your existing ones.
Sending them regular reminder emails is an ideal way to get your existing customers’ repeat business. It will work particularly well for businesses, which offer a service that people utilize on a recurring basis, for example, mechanics who provide frequent dentists or tune-ups, who do routine cleans & check-ups.
Promote your new blog posts: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #8
In case you run a blog as part of the marketing mix of your companies. Then email is among the most powerful channels for developing your audience.
Most importantly, email counts for around half of the traffic to fresh blog posts that we publish on the Monitor blog of Campaign. Email subscribers are 3x faster likely to share your content on social media platforms than visitors from different sources.
So when publishing a new post on your blog, ensure to send your subscribers an email notifying them of the news article and enticing them to tap via it & read it.
Create an email course: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #9
Providing an email course, which defines a number of lessons on a certain topic delivered through a series of emails, can be an extremely effective way for capturing new subscribers and educating them on a selected subject matter.
When executed perfectly, it assists in creating your email list, at the same time showcasing authority & expertise, which encourages people to eventually buy from you and don’t forget to verify your email list!
Promote your events: Email Marketing Automation Benefit #10
In case your business invests money and time both into running events, webinars, or meetups, then getting individuals to attend is crucial to driving a good return from the investment.
Unfortunately, even after getting a large number of registrations, only around 50% of those people will be attending. However, by running quality events, webinars or meetups more frequently and sending emails more often will increase that ratio.
Tips for Automating Email Effectively
A great approach for enhancing this is to forward people reminder emails, which can lead up to the event. After that, a set of follow-up emails after the event.
- Write fantastic subject lines. Even though campaigns that are automated emails are triggered off the actions of the recipients, they still require great subject lines for grabbing the attention of the recipients and making sure they get opened.
- Use compelling copy. It’s essential in your automated emails for creating desire towards the action of conversion, and there’s no better way of creating desire than by using compelling, benefit-focused copy.
- Structure your email for scanners. Research shows individuals don’t read email campaigns word for word the way they do in a book; rather, they scan the email searching for elements, which peak their interest. So for getting your message across, you must make sure your automated email campaign is constructed for scanners.
- Create a call-to-action button. We ran a few tests recently; we found that incorporating a call-to-action button (as opposed to only text links) will increase your conversions by 25%. So when building your automated email campaign, ensure including a call-to-action button to enhance your chances of people tapping via and taking your desired conversion action. Also, it’s essential to optimize the call-to-action buttons that you use
- Indicate your results. Mostly, email marketing tools will give you a huge piece of data on email-related metrics such as clicks, opens, etc. a few will show you a live world map too of individuals engaging with your email. However, for indicating perfectly and optimizing the results of your automated email, you must go beyond these metrics. You should search at the fundamental numbers, which matter to your business, things like customers, visits, and revenue.
Some brands may hesitate to utilize automated marketing emails. They think their messaging will become less personalized when spread among people and thus less effective. However, in reality, email automation software will actually assist you in gathering more data about your subscribers. It will make your messaging more personalized as well as highly effective. Certainly, that would happen as long as you’re utilizing that data the correct way, obviously.
Anyways, of all the opportunities accessible to develop your business, email marketing still remains on the top. Setting up automated emails will assist you in driving great results. So grab the ideas for creating automated emails presented in this article. Further, just apply them to your business, and you’ll see the magic! Also, you must know the perfect email address formats before you forward emails to your audiences.