What is email marketing lead generation?
Email marketing lead generation is, in short, a strategy that uses email campaigns to generate leads and clients. It’s primarily about incentivizing conversion through email marketing campaigns.
It is common to rent opt-in third-party email addresses for email marketing lead generation. This is an easy and quick way to reach out to contacts, even if you have never been in touch with them before. However, to make it work, it is important to ensure the quality of these email service providers. You can rent these lists on a CPM (pay per 1000 emails sent) basis or by the number of sales, clicks, and leads achieved. This makes it easier to ensure the investment’s profitability.
Building a personal relationship via email can help you gain their trust in an environment where they feel constantly harassed with advertising messages. It’s vital to have all the info we need about our contacts and to use it wisely to send them personalized material. This will give them the crucial pinch of confidence they need to trust us.
This email marketing strategy is strongly focused on conversion, as we’ve already stated. This continuous communication is designed to gather large amounts of data which will allow us to send highly customized offers and improve our campaign’s conversion rate.
Let’s ensure safety first
It’s vital not to leave anything at stake if you want to be successful with this strategy. So, don’t skip validating your email lists before heading further. Naah, it won’t cost you much, but it will certainly protect you against big losses in the future!
This guide will showcase strategies to succeed with your first campaign.
- The action plan and your goals. “Where do you start?” Working together with your email marketing agency will help you to define your lead generation strategies and the methods you will use to achieve success.
- Campaign creation. Each element of your email is important when it comes to generating conversions. This includes the subject line and the color of your Call-to-Action buttons. It is also crucial to optimize your landing page. A responsive design allows the email to be viewed on all devices.
- Market and creativity tests. It is important that your email undergoes thorough testing before you risk losing your investment. You will need to test different messages and creative elements until you find the right formula for your audience. The next step includes analyzing the results and determining the market response to your campaigns and the quality of traffic generated.
- Final adjustments to your budget and creative elements (based on the results of your testing phase).
- You can launch your campaign with your own opt-in database, third-party opting databases, or both. It is important to regularly “clean out” your databases, removing invalid or corporate email addresses. This will ensure maximum efficiency.
- Analyze your results and gain insights to help you optimize your next campaigns.
Why Email Lead Generation is Important
- Email marketing stands the strongest in the most powerful channels and technologies that modern marketers have at their disposal.
- Experian actually shows that every $1 invested in email marketing by a company will result in approximately $44.
- This is a great ROI for small businesses that want to make the most of digital marketing strategies.
- Email marketing is still very effective because consumers feel comfortable using it.
- Many people actually love receiving emails from their favorite brands.
- According to Marketing Sherpa, 72% of U.S. adults prefer email communication to brands over other channels.
- Small businesses can use email marketing campaigns to generate leads.
- Every small business wants more quality leads.
- Email lead generation is a critical part of your digital marketing strategy if this is your focus.
Understanding the basics of email lead generation is key to getting the most out of your email marketing. Focus on strategies that have been proven to increase conversions over time.
And here are the benefits of lead generation in Email marketing
- Low cost. Email marketing is still relatively affordable, even when you consider the cost of maintaining personal databases and automation tools.
- Content creation. Newsletters, which are related to the previous point, are a great way to maximize and recycle existing content through content curation strategies. For example, you can send each user a selection of articles or videos according to their interests.
- Personalization at a high level. Email marketing leads generation allows us to get to know each user’s behavior and treat them individually. It’s a highly personal, unique tool that can be used to tailor your message.
- Guaranteed delivery. Social media marketing tools don’t allow you to control who gets your messages. Email marketing, on the other hand, allows you to know who your messages are being sent to and can ensure that they get read. Your delivery rate can be as high as 100% if you do regular database cleanings.
- It is easy to measure. It is easy to measure the effectiveness of your email marketing campaigns and compare results over time with tools such as a click or opening ratios. This strategy has several benchmarks, which can be segmented by country or industry. This makes it straightforward to set your goals.
- Use synergy with other tools. Email marketing lead generation can be used to enhance and strengthen your marketing strategies. The following case study will demonstrate how I did it in real life.
Email Lead Generation: The Basics
Let’s start with the basics.
You’ll need to be familiar with a few basic principles and best practices. Before you begin creating an email marketing campaign, here are the cheeky fundamentals worth considering
- Email List Segmentation
- Automation and Drip Campaigns
- Email Marketing and Lead Scoring
A word for Email List Segmentation
Email list segmentation means the division of your email subscriber lists into smaller segments. These segments can be based upon a variety of criteria to describe your audience.
You can, for example, break down your list based on demographics and create separate lists for different buying habits. Segmented lists have a higher ROI than general email campaigns, so it is more profitable to send targeted content.
Email segmentation is a key tactic to personalize your email marketing. Email campaigns that are more precise in messaging, content, and offers will be more effective.
Segmenting your subscribers into similar groups will allow you to provide targeted content in your emails, which can improve relevancy. This will ultimately increase open, click-through, and conversion rates.
Email Automation and Drip Campaigns
Email automation removes the guesswork from sending out your email marketing messages instead of manually sending emails every time a subscriber does something.
Automation software can be used to send the right message at the right time to the right subscriber. For example, the case where you wish to send an email message to site visitors who have completed a landing page form to receive a checklist.
Instead of manually sending the offer to the lead, log onto your computer. Automation software can be utilized while sending an email to the lead with the content of the checklist.
Email marketing automation permits you to send the right message at the right moment to the right person. You can also use email automation to nurture leads over time.
Email drip campaigns are automated email messages that are sent on a specific schedule to a lead. You can guide your leads smoothly through the sales funnel by sending them targeted content over time. This will help you move closer to conversion.
Let’s use the previous example only, where the lead has completed the landing page form in order to get a free checklist.
The first email you send to the lead may be immediately and contain the content promise. You may then send another piece, such as a blog post or an ebook, a few days later.
You may then contact the lead and ask them for a consultation. Email marketing automation can save you time. It helps you to ensure that your leads are receiving the right messaging and content quickly.
Email Marketing and Lead Scoring
Before getting into the details of how lead scoring works with email marketing automation, let us answer the question: What is lead scoring?
Lead scoring reflects the process of assigning scores for leads based upon certain characteristics and actions.
Scoring leads is the best way for you to determine which people you should engage with. Email lead scoring assigns each of your leads a score based upon certain actions that they take to identify them as qualified buyers for your products.
Lead scoring can be well utilized to identify leads that are suitable for different types of email marketing campaigns. If you desire to send an email campaign that focuses on a specific product or service, you can do so by sending this example.
Lead scoring can be used to identify the most qualified leads who are ready to purchase this product or service. It can be used in your email lead generation campaign to increase click-through rates and close rates. This is because you’re sending targeted messages only to leads most likely to be interested.
This will ultimately improve conversions and decrease the time it takes to complete your buying cycle.